Our beautiful log house was built in 1904.
The house contains a hall, wetroom, two bedrooms and the kitchen/living-room. The total living area is approximately 150 m2, and available to our guests is our 36 m2 summer bedroom, with super-king bed.
“… a large window facing south”
Our summer bedroom is unique. The walls are unsealed logs, providing the original “air conditioning” for a cool sleep in the warm summers. The room has a large window facing south, looking over the garden, and a smaller window looking west.
Outside, you will find:
– area for off-the-road parking
– original log granary, now our log and garden store
– 2/3 of an acre of south-facing garden
– mostly mature trees but also including our pond and (vacant) duckhouse and lawn areas
– table and chairs on the large porch and in the garden for meals and sitting back to enjoy the view
– 100m to the bus towards Nowy Sącz
– 5 km to the village centre (there are shops closer to the house)
– 15 km to Nowy Sącz
We are situated right at the eastern end of Kamionka Wielka. Driving from Nowy Sącz, follow the road through the village until you see the fork right and the sign for Kamionka Górna, just across a bridge. Turn right and follow the road for about 5km, until you see us ahead, on the corner.
Here at the 1904 Loghouse, we are to an extent re-living our countryside origins – Rajmund grew up on his father’s farm in the north-east of Poland and John spent his childhood in a small village in the north of England.
Our home is connected to the main electricity grid and we have satellite TV and broadband (Wi-Fi) but our water comes from a spring and we are not connected to mains drainage. In the winter, we count on our log-fired stove to keep the kitchen warm, and a fire in the bedroom, but the wetroom has under-floor and towel-rail heating.
Included in our bed and breakfast rate is a tasty breakfast of juice, ham, cheese and bread with tea or coffee. We can amend this to include an omelette (vegetarian or meat-eater) or eggs (free range, from our own, or the neighbour’s, chickens).
If required, we will gladly make up packed lunches comprising sandwich(es) of your choice, boiled free-range egg(s), muesli bar and juice box.
From 10zl per person
Although there is a selection of restaurants in nearby Nowy Sącz, eateries closer to home are few. We therefore offer our themed dinners, from 20zl per person:
– Mexican (zopa de pollo con papas*, chilli con carne* with rice, cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips)
– Italian (minestrone soup*, pasta dish* with garlic bread)
– French (french onion soup*, with crutons, chicken casserole with seasonal vegetables)
– Polish (sour soup or barszczcz*, pierogi* cooked in butter with onions)
– American (corn chowder*, burgers (on the barbecue in good weather))
– English (cock-a-leekie soup*, beef stew with onion dumplings)
*Vegetarian version on request
Ice cream for afterwards
Coffee or tea
We are not licensed to sell alcohol, but will chill your own beer or wine on request.
Contact John or Rajmund at Kamionka Wielka via email email@example.com.
Or write to us:
John and Rajmund
Kamionka Wielka 24
33-334 Kamionka Wielka